Greek English
Webmail Access
Home Page / What to know / Religious Life / Church of Agia Paraskevi
Print this page
Church of Agia Paraskevi

The main church of the village is dedicated to Agia Paraskevi and it is located in the centre of the Community, near the Primary School of Temvria.

It is an 1872 building, as this is revealed by the inscription located above the church entrance. The church is a Basilica with a wooden roof and its dimensions are 7 x 8 metres. Its inauguration date remains unknown, while also unknown is the time when the roof was replaced. Additionally, the interior of the church underwent renovation in 1972, while an exterior reconstruction of the masonry took place in 2006.  

Internally, the church is adorned by frescos and a wooden iconostasis. What is also worth mentioning is that the biggest part of the church is painted with frescos dated after 1995. As far as the iconostasis is concerned, this was designed in 1924 by craftsmen who had come all the way from Larnaka. In fact, it is mentioned that the latter needed three and a half years to complete it, during which time they had to stay at the village.

Church Inscriptions

Former members of the Church Committee

Department of Antiquities 

 January 2021 

Community Council of Temvria

Tasou Okkaride 8
2842 Τemvria, Lefkosia
Τel.: 22932427, Fax: 22932431
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc